This short health and safety programme seeks to enforce safety standards for workplaces. The programme is based on the Occupational Exposure to Blood borne Pathogens Standard and was designed to eliminate or minimize employees’ exposure to human blood and other potentially infectious materials (OPIM) in the workplace.
Health and Safety Programme
BLOOD-BORNE AND AIRBORNE PATHOGENS
It is critical to build first aid skills that enable you to respond confidently in a life-threatening situation. The Kenson School of Production Technology recognizes this need not only throughout the oil and gas industry but in any sector imaginable. As a result, our training focuses on hands-on practice and repetition, building more self-confidence in programme participants to ensure that they can perform well during an emergency.
INCIDENT COMMAND SYSTEMS
The Incident Command Systems programme is an intensive five-day experience designed to provide clear guidelines, tools and accepted best practices for persons who may act in the role of Incident Commanders and need to exercise effective and efficient incident management.
CONTROL OF SUBSTANCES HAZARDOUS TO HEALTH (COSHH)
Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) is the law that requires employers to control substances that are hazardous to health. This short health and safety programme will teach you how to prevent or reduce workers’ exposure to hazardous substances by:
- Finding out what the health hazards are
- Deciding how to prevent harm to health (risk assessment)
- Providing control measures to reduce harm to health
- Making sure they are used
- Keeping all control measures in good working order
- Providing information, instruction and training for employees and others
- Providing monitoring and health surveillance in appropriate cases
- Planning for emergencies