Quinn Gabriel is currently pursuing his Mechanical Maintenance Technician’s Diploma at KSPTL. He is also the 2019 Recipient of the Kenneth Ferguson’s Bursary Award.
The City & Guilds Level 3 International Vocational Qualification (IVQ) Advanced Diploma in Oil and Gas focuses on the development of the underlying principles and practical skills required in the oil and gas industry.
The qualification is designed to deliver a high level of occupational capability and provide a sound foundation for progression.
The qualification meets the needs of learners who work or want to work in the oil and gas industry and provides a broad background of understanding of the oil and gas industry and the practical skills and knowledge required.
At the end of this program the student will be able to:
- Set up and start up systems for operation
- Function and check systems for operation
- Organize and prepare systems for shutdown
- Isolate and restore plant equipment. The equipment required to complete this unit includes mechanical equipment/plant for isolating and de-isolating equipment.
- Check and uphold health and safety processes and understand the components involved, such as Permit to Work needs, which underpin those processes. The equipment required to complete this unit includes mechanical equipment/plant for isolating and de-isolating equipment.
- Manage emergencies and critical circumstances
- Create, maintain and enhance productive working relationships with the candidate’s line managers, staff representatives, colleagues, customers and suppliers